Pages

Monday, November 27, 2006

Crystaline perfection...




It's snowing. The first of the year. I love it.
The hush that comes over everything. The soft blanket that drapes the familiar things we see everyday in downy brightness. Smoothing hard edges until the landscape becomes magical.
I love to sit and watch it fall in featherlight flakes silently down from heaven...especially at night. It changes things. Changes my perspective on what I see every day. It melts away the chaos inside of me as it cloaks my little world in quietness. I can hear Him speak softly to my wild heart.
It amazes me to think about God's wonderful creativity. Did you know that He never repeats a pattern? They are all unique...like us. No two are the same. That's an incredible thing to me. I can't wait to see the storehouses of snow in heaven. Can you imagine? You are awesome, God.
I can't wait to see the delight on my children's faces when they wake up to a white world.
Tomorrow, I will be bundling my kids in their winter coats, hats and scarves to play in the snow and planning hot cocoa and cookies for snack after school. For now, I will sit here staring out my window at each testimony of a wonderful Creator God.


No comments: