Pages

Monday, June 25, 2007

A Quiet Afternoon

Just when I think something is impossible God has a way of reminding me not only that He's the one in charge, but also that nothing is impossible for Him.

One day a couple weeks ago, I was busily working on paying bills and organizing our finances with the computer and little Mister was being his busy little self along side me. He was going on and on about watching a movie (which, much to his dismay, could not be allowed as it was a "no-movie-day") and not taking my no for an answer. After stopping several times to read to him and trying to distract him with other things I finally just told him to "find something else to do until Mama is done!" With a sad "OK" he walked away and I finally had a minute to focus on the bills. I felt a little guilty, but that soon passed as I made some actual headway through my piles.

About a half hour later, as I finished up the last thing I had to do, I suddenly realized I hadn't heard anything from little Mister for quite a while and my Mommy instincts were instantly on red-alert! No noise usually meant BIG trouble...........or BIG MESS!

As I searched the whole house for him, my voice grew more frantic with each empty room. Finally, near frantic, I rushed out the back door nearly tripping down the stairs and stopped dead in my tracks. There on the rocking bench, in the shade of our huge cherry tree, lay little Mister .....ASLEEP!!!!

As I laughed at myself and God's sense of humor, I watched the sunlight dance across his sleeping face. I am richly blessed and grateful that God loves us all.



No comments: