Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Chicky-babe's Broadway Recital

Oh boy, here it is finally. Thanks for all your patience. (I misplaced the cords I needed to transfer the video to the computer, so I haven't been able to post her wonderful work, but after scouring the entire house, giving up and resigning myself to going out and buying replacement cords I stumbled across them at the bottom of a bin in the garage while hunting for something else!) I apologize for the shakiness of the video. I am not the best videographer in the family and I was having trouble with the new tripod we bought, so hopefully these will be OK.

Well, let's see...this recital's theme was music from Broadway and there were several wonderful performances with songs from The Music Man, Les Miserables, Cinderella, The Sound of Music and more. Each person had a solo and a couple group songs and everyone was dressed to fit their part. Chicky-babe's solo was "In My Own Little Corner" from Cinderella. Check it out, she was a crowd favorite:

Here are the words in case you have a hard time hearing them:

I'm as mild and as meek as a mouse
when I hear a command, I obey
but I know of a spot in my house
where no one can stand in my way
In my own little corner, in my own little chair
I can be whatever I want to be
On the wing of my fancy I can fly anywhere
and the world will open its arms to me

I'm a young Norwegian Princess or a milk maid
I'm the greatest Primadonna in Milan
I'm an heiress who has always had her silk made
by her own flock of silkworms in Japan
I'm a girl men go mad for, love's a game I can play
with a cool and confident kind of air
just as long as I stay in my own little corner
all alone in my own little chair.


For the rest of her songs, she played Leisle from The Sound of Music. They performed

Do Re Mi



So Long Farewell



and Edelweiss.



She was an old pro up there on the stage. I made her Leisle outfit myself and she got many compliments on it. We are so proud of her.

Next Recital is Student's Choice, so we have been looking at tons of songs to pick from. She isn't sure exactly what she wants to sing, but thinks it will probably be in Italian. She actually wanted to sing an old Michael Card song called My Help, but it was acapella and her voice coach asked her to pick something with music for the accompanist. She might do an acapella recital sometime down the road. Well whatever she chooses will be brilliant I'm sure!

No comments: